I hope you all recognized my improv/adjustment to the classic line from Wizard of Oz. If not 'you're fired and you'll never work on this island again'. (Name that movie!)
Time seems to be flying by this summer which is surprising. The last 2 summers in CA flew by but that was expected since so much of it was wonderfully spent with Mark. Just FYI for those who may not be up to date, he hits 10 months this August 10th and is doing well. He's looking to get transferred out of the mission office as he's ready to be a regular missionary again (not my favorite idea as being out of the office= less emails but this is where I take a step back and remember he's obligated to the Lord right now not me.....)
Another crazy week or two has gone by. First, last monday, Melissa and I finally went to our much awaited John Mayer/Colbie Caillat concert. It was AMAZING!!!! I really want to go to another concert soon. Depsite the wierd drunk lady (and drunk people all around), and getting semi lost on the way there, I would totally go a
gain. 
Last Thursday, I met up with Mom and Jenae at the University Mall before heading up to Elk Ridge with them for pioneer day festivities. On my way in, I happened to notice a dress in the window of Alyssas (no it was NOT a bridal gown). So I brought mom back to see. We went in and asked about it and the rest is history. I actually ended up not buying that one because it was a little too flashy for my taste. But I got the same style in a different color..(if anyone knows where to buy some cute red shoes, let me know. I looked all over the Provo Towne center and couldn't find anything.). Ella wanted me to model on the 'stage' like she did for us in another store, but I resisited the urge...esp since there was an actual bride out there already I would have felt pretty silly! And of course, we had to accesorize and get earrings and necklace to match....you have to admit, i'm starting ot come out of my shell am I not?
So...lessons learned this past week?
1) bug repellent is essential even within the bounds of Provo
2) Drunk people are wierd
3) Mom's are great esp when they surprise you and buy a dress you had full intentions of buying with your own money! :+) I felt pretty spoiled.
3 comments:
yay...i'm glad you found us!! and i'm glad to see that you have a blog too! oh man, do i hate bug bites. i have a ton of them right now. i remember last year i got stung by a bee on the face and the whole right side of my face swelled up. my friend, tammy, thought that if i put a pillow on my back i'd look just like quazimotto from off of the hunchback of notre dame. nice huh? :)
ouch. that's pretty harsh!
saved by the bell:goes to hawaii!!!
Post a Comment