Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Counting My Blessings

I must admit there are a few things keeping me particularly happy-namely the idea of going to see Mark the weekend he comes home in about 5 weeks. But today, I was on my way up to campus to meet a good friend and I was thinking about how happy I am. I really thought it would take me a while to be happy again after leaving "my kids" behind in Romania. Perhaps I've just tried to ignore the pain and emptiness amid the crazy life I've jumped back into. But here are some things I've realized I'm so blessed to have right now:

1) Great classes this semester. Some are less thrilling than others but overall, it's going to be a great but busy semester
2) I have some great girls on my floor. About half of them consistently come to meetings and they haven't told me I'm crazy or an idiot yet so I guess I've done pretty well in hiding my oddness
3) My roommate is FABULOUS. I guess after the lessons I learned this summer about patience and acceptance, this my reward! The dream roommate. She's even got a missionar who's been out for 8 months in Mexico so it's nice to have someone to swap stories with.
4) I have friends again!! ..okay I've always had friends but living at home last year made it hard to hang out. But now with extra money on my meal plan card, it's even better and I get people wanting to come over a lot more often haha.
5) My supportive family. They are so positive and encouraging. It's great to have such fun family gatherings such as yesterday with Labor day. I think the highlight was playing soccer outside with my nephew. It was only about 5 minutes but it was so fun to play with him!

Life is slowly starting to pick up. It's tiring being up at 6am 5 days a week but it makes it for very long and stress-free afternoons once classes are done.

1 comment:

Sapp Family said...

Yay for Mark coming home in about 5 weeks! That is so exciting! I bet you're so so excited! Sorry I haven't been very good in commenting lately! Miss you!