Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Goals

In the past few days, I have done some thinking about what I really want in life. What do I want to do with my life? Where do I see myself in 10, 20, even 30 years from now? Something my parents instilled in me from a young age, which I didn't always believe was my potential to be great things and do great things. I never believed I would really master long division, algebra, or figure out how to write essays decently, but I eventually did (maybe not the writing part). My mom was there with every frustrated earasing, editing and tear growing up and never let me give up...especially since it was my homework at stake. It is because of my parents that I have become the person I am, and have been able to dream freely of what I want to become.
I compiled a list of goals. I may not accomplish some till I'm 60, there may be some that will never happen. Either way, here they are.
  1. Graduate from BYU
  2. Get my CFLE (Family Life Educator) Certification (comes with my degree/extra classes and $75)
  3. Get a job to support my husband through college
  4. Become a mother
  5. Spend more time getting to know my husband's side of the family
  6. Be able to stay at home and raise my children
  7. Buy a home
  8. Continue to play music in local community groups
  9. Have a room decorated in that home with my ever-accumulating wizard of oz paraphernelia.
  10. Pay off student loans
  11. Visit BYU-Idaho again
  12. Get a dog
  13. Go back to Romania and maybe adopt (if it ever becomes legal again, I'll be first in line)
  14. Go on cruises to Mexico, Alaska
  15. Make every dessert that is in my recipe box (there's more desserts than dinners I'm sure)
  16. Work for one of NCFR's organiztions (National Council on Family Relations)
  17. Teach a seminars/classes on family enrichment under NCFR
  18. Make a difference in the life of someone through my career

2 comments:

Sapp Family said...

Brittany! How are you enjoying the married life? I love your cute little home! And your goals...they're like real life goals...true to the core! Love them! And I hope you accomplish every single one of those goals while here on earth. :)

Cheriss said...

I like #18 the best. I'm so lucky to get to do that every day. =]