Friday, August 5, 2011

A Trip to Vernal

Back in July, we had the chance to take a quick overnight trip to Vernal. My niece Ella was coming out this way to a 3-day girl scout camp. I though it would be a great chance for some one-on-one time with this fabulous little girl, so I picked her up Wednesday and we drove back to Vernal on Friday. Ella has been a fun ball of energy since the day I remember meeting her many years ago. She was so excited that so many people were over, she just spun in circles, fell down, laughed and did it all over again. She's a LITTLE more mellow now that she's almost 8, but she still is quite a different dynamic than other nieces and nephews. Her sleeping position isn't even a glimpse of how crazy she can get! =)
We brought the kids to our hotel in Vernal and went swimming Friday evening and enjoyed some Cafe Rio. (Thanks Jenae and Chad!). The next morning we drove out about 30 minutes to Roosevelt where there was a car show. Having never been to one of these before, it was pretty cool. I think this was my favorite car there:
I love old fashioned cars. As much as I love my 21st century luxuries, I always imagine how cool it would have been to have rode in one of these wearing a fancy hat and gloves.
Brock and Miri were content to be there...only as long as their fruit snacks lasted though. They were a lot of fun to play with at the house.
I love capturing moments like this........Brock refused to hold anyone's hand but Marks.
We left after a delicious barbecue at Jenae and Chads and headed home. I am a very bad co-pilot for road trips and unless I'm driving, I can do a substantial amount of sleeping. Thankfully Mark stays wide awake....having bugs splatter on your windshield going at 70 miles an hour helps too.

Caught a glimpse of Bridal Veil falls on the way back. This is a straight run-off from melted snow so the water temperature is pretty much freezing. One summer when we were younger all 6 of my sisters and I actually climbed into the river and onto this rock (which now no longer exists after an avalanche). Now we have more common sense and maybe dip our toes in, but it still holds fond memories. It was a short trip, but a great getaway from life, and fun as always to see some of my family.

No comments: