Don't get your hopes up. We were great about getting pictures during Jack's first week home. But he was an easier baby then and we were both home not working...and not worn out yet from sleep deprivation. I've taken a few pictures on my phone since then, but my real camera probably feels a bit neglected. Nevertheless, here are some pictures we captured of Jack's first week.
 |
| My mom snapped these when he was finally NICU-free for us. I was back in my room not feeling up to walking around...can't imagine why. |
 |
| Getting his little foot print. |
 |
| Chilling with Daddy the next day. |
 |
| He was not so sure about clothes at first...now he hates having them off! |
 |
| Chilling with Daddy! I love how Jack looks a little skeptical of me. |
 |
| He. Loves.His.Hands. Unless he's swaddled, you can see they are always up by his face. |
 |
| Snuggling with mommy after a long night. |
 |
| This has to be my favorite newborn outfit. It has little monkey feet at the bottom of the pants and a monkey hat. One of our many favorite outfits that has been passed down from his 2 "older" cousins born in 2013. |
 |
| Out cold after a good meal. |
He's a pretty easy going baby...as long as he's fed. Currently, he eats every 2 hours. Sometimes during the day he'll take a good 2-3 hour nap, but that has stopped in the last week. Mom runs on 1- 1 1/2 hour intervals of sleep during the night as he demands to eat every 2 hours like clockwork. It is beyond exhausting. I am grateful that Mark is willing to get up once in the night with him to split up the feedings and let me get a little extra shut eye. You never know how glorious 3 continuous hours of sleep is until you don't get that....ever.
Everyone says "oh this time passes quickly and you will miss it"....I love snuggling him, but I get plenty of that during the day. I would really be okay if he only woke up twice at night to eat rather than at 12, 2, 4, and 6. Last night we actually went to bed at 10. So I was fairly energized until about 3:30. That's usually my crash time in which Mark gets up for the next feeding and hangs with him until he leaves for work or I manage to get up.
At 2 weeks, the idea of doing this stint for 6 more weeks makes both of us think we'll go bonkers. But I'm sure we'll trudge on, cranky and sleep deprived. And one day, life will have just a hint of routine and schedule to it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment