Jack turns 9 months on Friday and since we'll be on the road to Vegas and posting fun pictures, I figure I'd give you something for now and then you can ignore all my other photos. :)
We are so in love with this big kid! His Drs appointment is next week but I suspect he will continue to be at the higher end of the charts for weight and height.
In the last week his 6-9 month clothes have really gotten snug and he's comfortably sporting 12 month onesies already. He is long in the torso and about average in leg length I think. Maybe a bit on the longer side. He still is a huge eater. He does 4 8 ounce bottles with a solid in between. And in all our new food excursions, he has yet to turn down a food. Make a face yes, but he will eat whatever you offer to him.
Here are some fun things Jack can do:
- Recognizes and turns when you call his name (when he feels like it)
- Starting to know that the door/garage door means someone is coming and going
- Can get into crawling position from sitting without falling over to get there (this is recent!)
- Mastered Downward Dog
- Can sometimes get cheerios in his mouth while holding them between his thumb and just below his pointer finger...grasping is too tricky still!
- Looks in the direction of his favorite stationary objects when you say their name
- Loves reading books. Sometimes I recite them in the car to keep him happy.
- Loves throwing things on the floor--the louder the better. Our poor hardwood floors!
- Loves signing time- especially Hopkins the frog.
- Has the cutest smiles when you get him after naps
- Loves to give mom cardio workouts when getting him dressed
- Scoots on the floor using his legs simultaneously. A few times I have seen him use his legs interchangeably but his hands haven't caught up yet. We'll get there!
He doesn't make any sounds aside from his super cute belly laughs, whining, and grunts when he's trying to take care of business. His couple of "yet to accomplish" milestones do worry me a bit but with a speech delay there's not much they will do until a year old anyway. So we're going to bring it up to his doctor, but also just hope to get assured that we're overreacting first time parents. (Well me, Mark as usual is totally chill.) In the meantime, I'll enjoy that we still lack the need for baby gates and only have to intervene about 10 times a day when Jack gets stuck under his crib or under the tv stand. (See pictures below)
 |
| Oh hai! |
 |
| Yes....not lacking in the weight department are we son? :) |
1 comment:
So cute! I love his facial expressions, his smiles could melt the coldest heart! :) thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment