4 hours, plus 8 hours, plus 1 ½ hours and about a 2 hour layover between each was what we had on the trip to get to Iasi. The plane we took from NY to Vienna was huge! I felt like a dork as I walked in amazed at the size and comfot as opposed to the little planes I had experienced flying between CA and UT.
I knew we were in for 3 ½ months of trouble when about 80% of the passengers on the plane to Vienna did NOT speak English and we were lost in our own world of English. The entire ride/night is a blur of trying to find a non-German movie and sleeping in small spurts.Their dinner wasn’t too bad despite how unappetizing it looked gross. I admit I enjoyed the dessert (triangle in the upper left corner) but I’m pretty sure it had some kind of coffee flavoring to it. But it was chocolate!
I knew we were in for 3 ½ months of trouble when about 80% of the passengers on the plane to Vienna did NOT speak English and we were lost in our own world of English. The entire ride/night is a blur of trying to find a non-German movie and sleeping in small spurts.Their dinner wasn’t too bad despite how unappetizing it looked gross. I admit I enjoyed the dessert (triangle in the upper left corner) but I’m pretty sure it had some kind of coffee flavoring to it. But it was chocolate!
(Dinner=mashed potatoes, chicken, and veggie mix)
The flights were better than I thought. I was pretty bored on the flight to New York but I also was squished between two men, and felt very awkward. On the ride from Vienna to Iasi, we rode in a tiny plane. It sat I think maybe 40 people and the isles were maybe one foot wide! Takeoff and landing were a little rough. Our “gradual” descent was not very gradual at all. I felt sick and was almost certain when we walked off that my stomach was still hanging a few hundred feet above me.
The best part? After 4 months of anticipation, we realized we were finally here!
This is looking out from our bedroom balcony/sunroom.....that little building is a slot/bar/roulette casino. I find it funny they advertise American Roulette instead of Russian.
No comments:
Post a Comment