Thursday, October 7, 2010

Love Notes

Last Wednesday in my religion class (LDS Marriage and family), we were reading a talk by former LDS Prophet President Spencer Kimball. In giving council for successful marriages, he mentioned among the important keys is to find ways to express love to one another on a regular basis.
I sat and thought about something extra I could do to surprise Mark. So last Thursday,I got up and made his lunch as normal. When I make his sandwhiches, I wrap it in saran wrap, and then put it in a plastic container so it doesn't get crushed. At the bottom of the ziploc container, I slipped in a small index card on which I wrote "love you. it's almost the weekend!". He enjoyed it and I was content.

Today my class was cancelled so I slept in. Mark said he'd just buy lunch at work so I didn't have to get up and make him lunch. I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping in until all of 8:45am thanks to my inner clock
and local construction. As I got up and went about the house getting ready for the day, I found several post-it notes. One in the bathroom saying "good morning", one hanging over my towel. Later I found one on the ledge by a CD he burned for me that said, "take me on your car adventures!" Roughly 8 post-it notes later with random sayings/notes on them, I couldn't help but giggle at my husband's thoughtfulness. I'm so lucky to be married to him.

3 comments:

Katelyn said...

That is seriously so cute. :) Being newlywed is great.

Cheriss said...

Chris did that for me once. He put notes with all our stuffed animals all around the house giving hints of where the next one would be. Boys are cute. =]

Shelene said...

Wow...you had to wake up at 8:45???? YOU poor thing!!!! What can I do to help you get through the day without a nap???? Hahahahaha.
Glad you guys are finding fun ways to connect!