Friday, August 16, 2013

The Beginning....

So yes. WE ARE EXPECTING! After 3 years of marriage we are totally stoked to be making this announcement. I'd like to also add how grateful I am that thus far everything has been so "easy" comparatively. I know there are those out there who have struggles of many kinds regarding pregnancy. My goal is to stay as positive as possible and to find joy in this experience even on the hard days....you know when nothing sounds good and I've already been to the store 3 times that week....we'll see how successful I am at that by moth 8. 

I have divided this basic post into 2 parts. This one is the basic, no TMI-ness people who just want the facts.

How far along are you?: I am 12 weeks. So yes, do the math, I totally dominated the 4th of July 10K at 6 weeks pregnant. (Those 2 bathroom stops make a lot more sense now...)

When are you due: February 27, 2014 (But we are gearing up for a March baby) 

Are you excited: DUH!!!

Was this on purpose: Ha….yes. Most of you know that we are planners. We are logical (at least for now!) and 3 years of marriage definitely gave us a lot of time to work on our own relationship before adding kids to the mix. We don't regret waiting "as long we did" at all. 

Have you been sick: Mildly. Weeks 4-7 were awesome. Then the constant need for nourishment kicked in at 7 weeks. Chocolate milk has been my favorite breakfast with varying sides of toast or waffles. I haven’t been throwing up sick but I definitely haven’t felt great. After week 9/10 I started to feel better. Now at week 12 I am fairly confident I like food again. I may or may not have had mini corn dogs, a slice of pizza and a side (yes a side) of pickle slices for dinner at the cafeteria last night.   

Do you have any ultrasound pictures: Sadly no. Most vet moms will know that unless you are at risk or your doctor is extra fun, you only get 1 ultrasound. At first we were disappointed but I learned that no ultrasounds early on = low risk. And that is all we can ask for! We had an appointment on August 6th to hear the heartbeat and that was the most surreal experience ever! Mark said it sounded like going through a carwash....what a compliment to my innerds! We’ll find out gender and see the little one in October.


Belly pictures?: Don't expect many. I've been asked for a 12 week-er. To kill the suspense I'll tell you I look about the same just a little rounder. I'll see if I can force myself to have Mark photograph my growing size in the next few weeks. I guess I could do with once every 12 weeks. 

Bing Bang Bong. All your basic questions answered. Feel free to read the post below for more detailed post in which you are more than welcome to skim or skip over. 

No comments: