We are out of the teens and into the dull-drums of weeks 20-30 where life is pretty low-key, boring, but pretty enjoyable overall.
We found out gender last week and it was pretty amazing to see how much the ultrasound tech could determine such as length for gestation age, heart rate, brain development, blood flow etc. I was told at the beginning that the 20-week ultrasound was the only one we'd get. However the tech mentioned that they will probably have me come in again later on closer to the end to check positioning and other things. Here's hoping! We've toyed with getting a 3D ultrasound but now that we've seen baby boy, we are a bit more patient in seeing him in person.
I was not completely surprised that it was a boy. I had a feeling it was going to be a boy by about 13 weeks. I admit, I was not 100% okay with having a boy...it took a few weeks of adjusting to that idea. Thankfully by the time the ultrasound came around, I honestly could say I'd be happy with girl or boy--thank goodness right? Since last week, we've had fun buying a few very distinctive boy-themed outfits.I even dragged my husband to the fabric store and he helped me pick out fleece material to do a few small tie blankets.
Here's life at 21 weeks:
- I have been wearing maternity pants for a few weeks now.My only complaint at this point is I'm not quite big enough for maternity shirts. When I wear them, they are baggy and typically make me look like I'm not pregnant. I'm sure in a few weeks I'll be lovely and large enough to wear them right.
- 2nd trimester has been amazing. 1st was pretty easy in comparison to others, but I can almost live normally aside from packing snacks and water in my bag for meetings and mini car trips.
- I am blessed to not have crazy cravings. Sure, sometimes things sound really good when mentioned, but I rarely rush out to get it. If it stays for a few days and I vocalize it, Mark is good enough to get whatever I want. I can't say I've really gorged out on anything, and I'm trying to get back into eating healthier snacks instead of cookies and chocolate.
- I am feeling movement but it's still very subtle and sometimes I'm still not very sure what it is. I'm really looking forward to them getting more pronounced so I don't worry as much when I realize I haven't noticed anything for a day or two.
- Mark is officially one of those adoring fathers-to-be. Especially since "sprouting", he has definitely shown more excitement. He likes to talk to baby boy and is very impatiently waiting to be able to feel him himself. As much as I look forward to that too, it's nice to have something just you get to experience (that's fun) and unobserved by anyone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment