Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Virginia

This was my 2nd time in Virginia. I was there for all of 56 hours in December before taking the train up to New York with my mom. I spent a week with my sister and her family. Due to my unintended, less than graceful fall, I spent 2 of those days on the couch not allowed to pick up my cute nephew who was 7 weeks at the time. With a baby on the way and a new Air Force assignment coming up in the next year for them, I was glad my husband was willing to let me see them once more before they went anywhere too far.

I was sad when I realized I didn't get any pictures (except on my phone) of my nieces and nephew. I had to post though and just say how much fun it was. They are such cute girls who are the best of friends (most of the time). On Saturday they bought my 7 year old niece a bike. Even after they brought the bikes in for the day, she kept walking over to it and just gently stroking it like a pony. It was a bit silly, but really cute to see how much she loved her new bike.

I also gained a serious appreciation for how much my sister does for her family all with a little baby on hand. That's not to say I didn't before, just seeing all the nitty-gritty day to day stuff was amazing. From bottle washing, to dishwashing (no dishwasher), making meals every night, packing the girls' lunches for the next day, and checking their homework, and keeping them on routine, she definitely keeps busy. There were also a few nights where I didn't get up but I could tell she was in the kitchen with either the baby, or one of the girls who had a problem in the middle of the night. It sure was a little nerve wracking to think...."what did I get myself into". Thankfully MOST of the time babies come in singles so you get used to the madness...right?

Despite my back injury, I got a good amount of snuggle time in with my nephew with feedings and just holding him so my sister could shower or make dinner. It was also fun to spend time with my sister. Since she moved out of the house when I was 8, it's always been extra special to hang out with her. The first night we were there we made cookies until 1AM and just talked and laughed. I can't remember about what, but that was definitely a highlight of my trip. I am so lucky to have 6 fabulous sisters, all of whom I love spending time with.

No comments: