As you can see (maybe), it is the perfect height for a 5'2" individual such as myself. My nephew Brighton has already given it his stamp of approval. He thinks it's extremely comfortable to lay across with his legs and head draped across the arm rests. You may also notice that our "nursery" has yet to have any progress made. We're waiting until after Christmas to spend money on the rest of the furniture ie: the crib, changing table, etc. Then I'll go crazy with organizing.
In the mean time, I also tied some little fleece blankets for baby "Embro". I dragged Mark to the fabric store the week we found out gender and he actually was mildly enthusiastic and opinionated about fabric patters. I finally decided end of November was an acceptable amount of waiting to make fleece blankets for our little squirt.
We are almost ready ready for Christmas. It is kind of surreal to think this is our last Christmas ever without a little one. Next year he will only be about 9 or 10 months, but still, any baby regardless of age makes it for a new adventure with the holidays. I like to believe that is what is making me feel so emotional about this holiday season and not just pregnancy hormones kicking into full gear. Not that I'm sad about having a baby next year, this will be our 4th Christmas together and it's been fun to slowly find our groove and create our own little Christmases. But it's also a bit overwhelming as well. (What isn't overwhelming about the prospect of having your own kids?!)
In other news, we get to have a 2nd ultrasound Dec. 30th. Just checking for baby's growth and how everything is looking in there as I will be 32 weeks at that point. It will be at a different location than previously so we are hoping they have better equipment to get clearer pictures this time. We will try to post pictures in a late Christmas montage.Maybe seeing him again bigger in size and more detailed will help us find a name that seems right.We can only hope....
No comments:
Post a Comment