Perhaps this is a good time to clarify the nickname we've been calling our baby....Embro. I'm sure some of you have seen it and thought "Wow...that's their kid's name? That's awful." No we promise we are not naming our son Embro. Embro came from our original name of "Baby Embryo" when we first found out he (it) was on his way. We then altered it to embry when he was no longer an embryo but a fetus. Because let's face it, who wants to run around calling their kid "baby fetus"? Sounds too much like fungus to me.....
So Mark started calling it Embry. Then when we found out that Embry was in fact a boy, it was changed to what we now call him affectionately: Embro. It's comical that I'm more used to calling him Embro rather than other names we've thrown around. A nurse told me that it was okay and sometimes it takes practice to really fall in love with a name. At this point, I think we've agreed on a first name, but the middle name might not be decided until birth or near birth. Moving on....
It's amazing what 10 weeks will do to change a baby. Seeing him for the first time at 20 weeks was amazing, but to see how much he's physically changed 11 weeks later was even more stunning. Due to lower amniotic fluid at the time the ultrasound pictures were not as clear as I hoped for. And what you get on the print out never does the live image you see on the computer screen justice anyways.
![]() |
| Top Left: His left arm. His hand is up against his face. Pretty sure he's sucking his thumb. Top right: Profile 1 Bottom Left: Profile 2 Bottom Right: Foot!!! |
![]() |
| Left: Face front on....look hard in the upper right area you can see his eyes and forehead and proof he is definitely sucking his thum. Right: Profile again. He's just so cute I can't stand it! |
Baby is looking great, at the time was measuring about a week ahead again, and the tech even pointed out that you can even see hair on his head. No surprise to us, we'd be worried if our child wasn't born with tons of hair! With just about 7 weeks to go until due date, we are getting more and more anxious for this little guy to join us!


1 comment:
So exciting! I love ultrasounds, they make the baby-growing-inside-me so much more real (and less, I'm just getting fat!)
Post a Comment