Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Etc.

This is one of the many great reaons why Romania is so great: the currency conversion! We went to Kaufland which is like Walmart/Target (Metro here= Costco at home) and "stocked up" on some things. They're not neccesarily a whole lot cheaper than the G-Market but it still has more variety. The candy bars on the left are amazing! (well, the orange one I tried today was awesome). My total was 26.43=$8.81 Woohoo! Pretty sure I'll have a heart attack when I go back to shopping at home. We buy 5L cartons of water here for about $1. It is pretty cool. I still get scared away from big numbers even though it's not USD that I'm seeing on the price tag, so as usual, I spend less on groceries than others...for now.




The 8th floor of the hospital has a lot of stairs...but you get to the end of a hallway, and the view is just breathtaking! (The 8th floor also holds my favorite little girl-- even if the other girls think she's demanding, which she is)





Yesterday after the hospital it started "drizzling". Pretty soon into our walk, it started pouring and with no umbrella, this is what we looked like. To add to the fun, we even took a wrong turn...moreso forgot a turn and ended up at a dead end. We must have looked pretty drenched because two men huddling in a phone booth offered us their umbrella. It was kind of a "Singing in the Rain Moment". I had never gotten drenched in the rain and had always wanted to...of course it'd be a lot more romantic had I had a young man with me, but Sara was still a lot of fun.





No comments: