Tuesday, May 5, 2009

La multi ani! (and many to come!)

Sort of a late post but I finally accessed a picture to post on my blog. (More are coming I promise).
I hate attention. I'm the kid that always feels awkawrd when everyone sings happy birthday to her. Might I mention I also think it's lame how all your "facebook friends" message you happy birthday when they really don't even know when your birthday is, facebook just told them. So I took it off and virtually no one in my internship group knew until last week when we were here that my birthday had been the night of our Romanian final. I didn't care and saw it as no big deal. They felt even worse because that night, they sang to two other girls and I sat there on my "actual" birthday not being sung to. They mentioned doing something and I brushed it off.

A few hours later, we went over to Scala 1 apt to watch a movie. Actually we went to Scala 2 first because Rachel said something was going on and we couldn't go till 8...was wierd but I wasn't going to demand to ask why I couldn't go. I figured they were cleaning (how like me to think that haha). So we show up, I'm the last one to enter the door and suddenly everyone is yelling surprise at me holding a happy birthday sign (lovely recycled sign from previous semester) and balloons. I then was told there was a surprise for me but I had to crawl through the spanking machine to get to it.....okay maybe being sung to a week before by 13 people would have been less humiliating than crawling between 24 legs and being spanked. I couldn't help but laugh though.

They made a giant chocolate drop cookie cake but instead of oats, used corn flakes. I actually think I'll make it that way when I get back to the states (still wierd to realize I'm in Europe..I missed the scenery change so I was sort of thrown off). They even had a few candles in it for me (not 21 + 8 for Ian like we had at home). The girls I'm with are sweet and when we are together we really have some great times.

1 comment:

Krystal Farfan said...

When you are a mom, you have an excuse. A high school student asked me what I was doing for my birthday. I responded with a question. When you were young, what did your mom do for her birthday?